Smith Micro Software, Inc. and the Poser team are pleased to announce that the Poser 11 Service Release 3 (SR3) is now available for both OS X and Windows. SR3 will update your installation of Poser 11 English to version 11.0.3.
SR3 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:
• General performance and stability updates and improvements
• Content Library improvements
• Material Room improvements
• Cloth Room improvements
• Preview Rendering improvements
• Final Rendering improvements
• Figure Creation improvements
• Animation improvements
• Import/Export improvements
• PoserPython improvements
• Queue Manager improvements
• Content improvements
• Documentation improvements
• Installation improvements
With your registered Poser 11 serial number, you can access and download updates via Download Manager (available at http://poser.smithmicro.com/poserupdates.html).
SR3 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Enabled custom shortcuts for Figure > Use Inverse Kinematics main menu entries.
• Fixed case where binary morph injection containing gratuitous commands would cause instability.
• Improved handling of subdivision of geometry with missing UV coordinates.
• Properties palette: Measurements (line and angle) now have a Callout Style option.
• Improved picking of actors when objects have significantly morphed shape.
• Now showing non-visible control props in actor selection menu.
• Now remembering/restoring option for “Include Custom Parameter Palettes” and “Include Graph Palettes” for Add to Library dialog. Both options are now disabled by default.
• Camera Controls: User customizable small camera icon settings are now saved/restored between sessions.
• Thumbnails for poses added to library now render at correct frame if current frame value is greater than 0.
• Now allowing animation and keyframes to be saved in Preferred Scene file.
• Updated Wardrobe Wizard.
• Now preventing ‘missing file’ from occurring for standard geometries (e.g. com.obj, sphere.obj) when file search policy is set to None.
• General Preferences Library tab: Added new option Indexing > Refresh on Launch. This triggers indexing immediately, as opposed to upon first search, which is the default.
• Improved launch sequence robustness (Windows only).
• Enabled multiple selection in Item List view via Ctrl/Cmd-click.
• “Add” button is now active for CR2/CRZ files in the Props category.
• Enabled adding of selected figures to Props category.
• Now remembering selected Runtime between sessions.
• Add to favorite dialog tree now shows correctly even when specific Runtime is selected.
• Up/Down cursor keys now behave more intuitively in Item List view.
• Tabbing in Item List view returns focus to Tree view.
• Now computing Item List view width based on fixed Tree view width when resizing Library palette, rather than percentage based ratio.
• Now sorting items alphabetically.
• Added “Show Folder Counts” option to Tree view Options panel.
• Added “Show Folder Thumbnails” option to Item List view Options panel. Disable to accelerate access to folders with many items.
• Fixed problem where search results would sometimes not populate when search query was typed from Library tab.
• Library search: Fixed case where text entry would not respond to Enter key (Windows only).
• SubsurfaceScattering shader node (Cycles > Shader > SubsurfaceScattering) has been updated to reflect recent improvements in the Cycles codebase. New default method is Christensen-Burley falloff, menu item is called Burley. Please select Cubic or Gaussian to match new nodes with previously existing ones.
• Material palette Advanced tab: Added “Replace” item to material node context menu, allowing to replace selected nodes with those copied.
• Added Cast_Light option to Background shader node. Use in conjunction with EnvironmentTexture for Image Based Lighting effects in SuperFly renders.
• ImageTexture and EnvironmentTexture nodes now save gamma value.
• Now writing material root nodes in such a way that they are more compatible with older versions of Poser if possible.
• Fixed case where modifying internals of a compound shader node would cause instability.
• Disabled layered materials for lights, Background, and Atmosphere.
• Material palette Advanced tab: Fixed case where popup dials would snap to 0 when using commas for display of float decimals.
• Restored ability to exclude body parts of Unimesh skinned figures from simulation.
• Corrected SreeD Preview of Ambient_Color.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of degenerate meshes.
• FireFly: Fixed case where a roughness value of 0 in ks_microfacet would cause artifacts.
• FireFly: Fixed case where certain irradiance cache computations would cause artifacts.
• FireFly: Fixed case where certain node combinations would cause render artifacts, such as failure to compute subsurface scattering in random spots.
• Morphing tool: Improved morph creation object picking
• Adaptive Rigging: Now transforming control props when parent center is transformed.
• Fixed a problem with Symmetry operations when figure had ‘lIndex3’ and ‘rIndex3’ body parts.
• Parameter context menu: Split Morph now handles subdivision level morph targets correctly.
• Falloff graph editing for Zone props is now fully undoable.
• Subdivision level morph targets are now transferred in Setup and Fitting rooms (Poser Pro only).
• Improved automatic selection of recursively dependent morphs in Figure > Copy Morphs From… dialog (Poser Pro only).
• Copy Morphs From… will now try to preserve the valueOperation type (Poser Pro only).
• Copy Morphs From… will no longer create BODY level FBM parameters for morph targets which are JCM only (Poser Pro only).
• Custom scene saving: Added option to File > Export > Morph Injection to create an export specifically for conforming figures such as clothing (Poser Pro only).
• Custom scene saving: Now storing computation order in binary morph injection files (Poser Pro only).
• Animated Origins: Added animatable end points.
• Now able to double-click on Animation palette channels to open new Graph palettes.
• Graph palette now has “Selection Sync” option that keeps a graph in sync when selecting channels.
• Graphs are no longer locked to a single actor, actor can change via Selection Sync.
• Graph palettes are now saved with scene documents and optionally with library items (like Custom Parameter palettes).
• Improved parameter parenting/naming for animated inputs when loading animated materials.
• Fixed case where adding an animated material collection to the library omitted certain parameters, causing instability upon applying.
• No longer adding superfluous light parameter keyframes to scene upon loading when current frame was saved at value other than 0.
• Fixed a problem where light Intensity value change was getting reverted after a render.
• Now updating material name display when making selection via SelectMaterial() or SelectMaterialLayer().
• Now updating list of exposed outputs and inputs when node inside compound node is deleted via ShaderNodeCompoundData.DeleteNode().
• Fixed case where calling MovieMaker.MakeMovie() would cause freeze (Windows only).
• Now returning created actor for Scene methods CreateLight(), CreateMagnet(), CreateWave(), CreateGrouping().
• Python Imaging Library: Re-enabled JPEG decoder (OS X only).
• PrintInfo > ListFiles now lists all textures used in shader nodes.
Queue Manager (Poser Pro only)
• Enabled SuperFly support.
• Added “The Pad 2016′.
• Added “SuperFly Tileable” to Materials library category.
• Added template material to assist with setting up PBR MetalRough physically based shaders from Substance to SuperFly Tileable > Guide > PBR Texture Guide.
• Project Guide tutorials updated.
• PoserPython Methods Manual updated.
• Now correcting permissions of global configuration directory during updater installation (Windows only).
• Download Manager: Improved robustness of secure connections. This may cause alerts from anti-malware software if such software attempts to intercept SSL/TLS communication.
• Download Manager: Now calculating download speed more accurately.
• Download Manager: Now attempting to resume if connection stalls or fails during download.
• Download Manager: Now pausing all downloads on system sleep (Windows only).
SR2 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Paul and Pauline OBJs are now included for Walk Designer.
• Added Talk Designer visemes for Paul.
• Corrected normal calculation to address shading artifact on Pauline’s and Paul’s back.
• Direct Manipulation Tool: Enabled translate and rotate for Body actor.
• Fixed case where injecting mismatched targetParm types would cause instability.
• Hidden preference ALWAYS_WRITE_FULL_PATHS now forces absolute paths in documents
• Library drag & drop: Added info bar to indicate drop targets.
• Enabled drag and drop from search results list.
• Added native drag & drop to enable drop on 3rd party applications (Windows only).
• Enabled preferences slider value display.
• Fixed case where thumbnails were not refreshing properly when replacing an old thumbnail with a new version.
• Library refresh now indexes directories that are updated externally.
• Adding an item to the library now indexes the directory in which the item has been added.
• Adding a runtime triggers top-level indexing so that its items show up in search.
• Enabled prioritized indexing. Now prioritizing indexing of Runtimes which have been indexed the longest time ago (or never).
• Fixed case where Library layout would change after adding new folder.
• Fixed case where selecting subset while adding props to Library would cause instability.
• Improved search results: Now showing found folders.
• Reintroduced “Locate” context menu functionality for search results.
• Search queries can now contain single or double quoted phrases as well as – or ~ for negation.
• Fixed a problem where search results panel wasn’t populating fully. This would cause only the top 20 results to show until forcing a resize.
• Fixed case where thumbnails for unselected items were not being shown in Item List view.
• Fixed case where saving figure with strand-based hair would cause instability.
• Re-enabled partner content search (OS X only).
• Now drawing dotted wires for connections between lighting nodes and non-closure accepting inputs.
• Fixed a problem where animated status of shader node inputs were lost when switching rooms.
• Improved drawing performance of subdivided objects.
• Improved OpenGL preview of PhysicalSurface node.
• Improved Raytrace Preview robustness.
• SuperFly: Non-branched path tracing now renders with correct alpha channel
• SuperFly: Disabling camera visibility for an object now also makes it invisible when seen through transparent surfaces.
• SuperFly: Now ignoring degenerate triangles in tangent space normal map rendering to prevent freeze.
• SuperFly: Increased robustness when rendering the Edge Blend node.
• FireFly: Now correctly dealing with transparency when there are two PoserSurface nodes in a tree where the inactive one is opaque.
• FireFly: Anisotropic node now a closer match to Poser 10/Pro 2014.
• Fitting room: Fixed case where adjusting vertex weights during fitting would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Rig Symmetry: Enabled transfer of Force Limits setting.
• Pose Symmetry: Fixed case where Pose Symmetry > Left to Right did not work when IK was off.
• Copy Morphs From: Fixed case where transferring subdivision-level morphs would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Fixed case where scuplting subdivision-level morphs would cause mesh corruption (Poser Pro only).
• GoZ: Fixed configuration path folder permissions (Poser Pro only).
• Added the following methods to ShaderNodeCompundData type: CreateNode(), DeleteNode(), AttachTreeNodes(), DetachTreeNode().
• Added isControlProp() method to check if a prop is a control prop.
• Fixed error in Documentation.py.
• Added material.DeleteLayer().
• OBJ import: Added option kImOptCodeSCALEABSOLUTE. If the kImOptCodeSCALEABSOLUTE option is non-zero, the percentage will be used as an absolute scale, rather than % of Poser figure size.
Previous SR1 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Poser now launches on Windows 8. This OS version remains unsupported. Please update to Windows 8.1.
• Library and Log palette toggle icons are now easier to click.
• Enabled Facebook upload for rendered images (Windows only).
• Fixed case where closing document while viewing it with a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Fixed case where deleting a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Added a dependency between Center of Mass actor and figure. Center of Mass prop can no longer be deleted, preventing instability.
• Now automatically enabling Body actor when loading figure with skinning method set to Poser Unimesh.
• Updated Wardrobe Wizard.
• Item List panel: Enabled Drag and Drop.
• Item List panel: Sped up library item loading from highly populated folders.
• Now properly omitting folder thumbnail display when no thumbnail is available (Internet Explorer 9 only).
• Better messaging for empty search results when indexing.
• Added support for conforming hair with CR2/CRZ file extensions in Hair category.
• Now preserving divider position between Tree and Item List view panels more reliably.
• Refresh item icon now rotates while refresh is in progress.
• Improved Add to Favorites dialog layout.
• Fixed a problem with scene preview showing incorrectly after a Copy and Paste in Advanced view.
• Copy and Paste now honors the selected render engine when pasting selections including root nodes.
• Fixed problems where the FireFly root or SuperFly root was not 0th in the Node list.
• Compound nodes: Improved internal wiring robustness.
• Enabled use of more than one Cycles ImageTexture node at one time.
• Fixed excessive transparency when layered materials are used.
• Saving and loading a turned off light now preserves Cast Shadow flag.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of dark highlights on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface in branched path tracing.
• SuperFly: Now verifying that light shaders are up to date when rendering.
• SuperFly: Now interpreting material node vector inputs as linear.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of transparency in path tracing on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface.
• Enabled magnet zone weight painting on Poser Unimesh skinned figures.
• Fixed case where deleting a Full Body Morph while Dependency Editor was enabled would cause instability.
• OBJ Export: Corrected “As Morph Target” export path. Now properly using the untransformed vertices combined with active morph and magnet deforms to allow for eventual re-import as morph target in local space.
• GoZ: Fixed case where “.” in the object name would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Fixed case where loading an MP3 misrepresenting its sample count would cause instability (OS X only).
• Queue Manager: Progress indication currently non-functional when rendering with SuperFly.
• Queue Manager: There may be subtle differences in highlights between in-app and queued renders when rendering with SuperFly.
• GoZ: Temporarily disabled the “Apply before joint rotation” option that appears upon returning a posed figure from ZBrush (Poser Pro only).
TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Poser, Poser Pro, the Poser logo, and the Smith Micro Logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Poser copyright © 1991-2016 All Rights Reserved. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.