SR2 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:
• General performance and stability updates and improvements
• Content Library improvements
• Material Room improvements
• Preview Rendering improvements
• Final Rendering improvements
• Figure Creation improvements
• Import/Export improvements
• PoserPython improvements
With your registered Poser 11 serial number, you can access and download updates via Download Manager (available at http://poser.smithmicro.com/poserupdates.html).
SR2 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Paul and Pauline OBJs are now included for Walk Designer.
• Added Talk Designer visemes for Paul.
• Corrected normal calculation to address shading artifact on Pauline’s and Paul’s back.
• Direct Manipulation Tool: Enabled translate and rotate for Body actor.
• Fixed case where injecting mismatched targetParm types would cause instability.
• Hidden preference ALWAYS_WRITE_FULL_PATHS now forces absolute paths in documents
• Library drag & drop: Added info bar to indicate drop targets.
• Enabled drag and drop from search results list.
• Added native drag & drop to enable drop on 3rd party applications (Windows only).
• Enabled preferences slider value display.
• Fixed case where thumbnails were not refreshing properly when replacing an old thumbnail with a new version.
• Library refresh now indexes directories that are updated externally.
• Adding an item to the library now indexes the directory in which the item has been added.
• Adding a runtime triggers top-level indexing so that its items show up in search.
• Enabled prioritized indexing. Now prioritizing indexing of Runtimes which have been indexed the longest time ago (or never).
• Fixed case where Library layout would change after adding new folder.
• Fixed case where selecting subset while adding props to Library would cause instability.
• Improved search results: Now showing found folders.
• Reintroduced “Locate” context menu functionality for search results.
• Search queries can now contain single or double quoted phrases as well as – or ~ for negation.
• Fixed a problem where search results panel wasn’t populating fully. This would cause only the top 20 results to show until forcing a resize.
• Fixed case where thumbnails for unselected items were not being shown in Item List view.
• Fixed case where saving figure with strand-based hair would cause instability.
• Re-enabled partner content search (OS X only).
• Now drawing dotted wires for connections between lighting nodes and non-closure accepting inputs.
• Fixed a problem where animated status of shader node inputs were lost when switching rooms.
• Improved drawing performance of subdivided objects.
• Improved OpenGL preview of PhysicalSurface node.
• Improved Raytrace Preview robustness.
• SuperFly: Non-branched path tracing now renders with correct alpha channel
• SuperFly: Disabling camera visibility for an object now also makes it invisible when seen through transparent surfaces.
• SuperFly: Now ignoring degenerate triangles in tangent space normal map rendering to prevent freeze.
• SuperFly: Increased robustness when rendering the Edge Blend node.
• FireFly: Now correctly dealing with transparency when there are two PoserSurface nodes in a tree where the inactive one is opaque.
• FireFly: Anisotropic node now a closer match to Poser 10/Pro 2014.
• Fitting room: Fixed case where adjusting vertex weights during fitting would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Rig Symmetry: Enabled transfer of Force Limits setting.
• Pose Symmetry: Fixed case where Pose Symmetry > Left to Right did not work when IK was off.
• Copy Morphs From: Fixed case where transferring subdivision-level morphs would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Fixed case where scuplting subdivision-level morphs would cause mesh corruption (Poser Pro only).
• GoZ: Fixed configuration path folder permissions (Poser Pro only).
• Added the following methods to ShaderNodeCompundData type: CreateNode(), DeleteNode(), AttachTreeNodes(), DetachTreeNode().
• Added isControlProp() method to check if a prop is a control prop.
• Fixed error in Documentation.py.
• Added material.DeleteLayer().
• OBJ import: Added option kImOptCodeSCALEABSOLUTE. If the kImOptCodeSCALEABSOLUTE option is non-zero, the percentage will be used as an absolute scale, rather than % of Poser figure size.
Previous SR1 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Poser now launches on Windows 8. This OS version remains unsupported. Please update to Windows 8.1.
• Library and Log palette toggle icons are now easier to click.
• Enabled Facebook upload for rendered images (Windows only).
• Fixed case where closing document while viewing it with a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Fixed case where deleting a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Added a dependency between Center of Mass actor and figure. Center of Mass prop can no longer be deleted, preventing instability.
• Now automatically enabling Body actor when loading figure with skinning method set to Poser Unimesh.
• Updated Wardrobe Wizard.
• Item List panel: Enabled Drag and Drop.
• Item List panel: Sped up library item loading from highly populated folders.
• Now properly omitting folder thumbnail display when no thumbnail is available (Internet Explorer 9 only).
• Better messaging for empty search results when indexing.
• Added support for conforming hair with CR2/CRZ file extensions in Hair category.
• Now preserving divider position between Tree and Item List view panels more reliably.
• Refresh item icon now rotates while refresh is in progress.
• Improved Add to Favorites dialog layout.
• Fixed a problem with scene preview showing incorrectly after a Copy and Paste in Advanced view.
• Copy and Paste now honors the selected render engine when pasting selections including root nodes.
• Fixed problems where the FireFly root or SuperFly root was not 0th in the Node list.
• Compound nodes: Improved internal wiring robustness.
• Enabled use of more than one Cycles ImageTexture node at one time.
• Fixed excessive transparency when layered materials are used.
• Saving and loading a turned off light now preserves Cast Shadow flag.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of dark highlights on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface in branched path tracing.
• SuperFly: Now verifying that light shaders are up to date when rendering.
• SuperFly: Now interpreting material node vector inputs as linear.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of transparency in path tracing on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface.
• Enabled magnet zone weight painting on Poser Unimesh skinned figures.
• Fixed case where deleting a Full Body Morph while Dependency Editor was enabled would cause instability.
• OBJ Export: Corrected “As Morph Target” export path. Now properly using the untransformed vertices combined with active morph and magnet deforms to allow for eventual re-import as morph target in local space.
• GoZ: Fixed case where “.” in the object name would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Fixed case where loading an MP3 misrepresenting its sample count would cause instability (OS X only).
• Library search: Text entry may not respond to Enter key. Click the magnifying glass icon to initiate a search if you encounter this issue (Windows only).
• GoZ: Temporarily disabled the “Apply before joint rotation” option that appears upon returning a posed figure from ZBrush (Poser Pro only).