Smith Micro Software, Inc. and the Poser team are pleased to announce that the Poser 11 Service Release 1 (SR1) is now available for both OS X and Windows. SR1 will update your installation of Poser 11 English to version 11.0.1.
SR1 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:
• General performance and stability updates and improvements
• Content Library improvements
• Material Room improvements
• Preview Rendering improvements
• Final Rendering improvements
• Figure Creation improvements
With your registered Poser 11 serial number, you can access and download updates via Download Manager (available at http://poser.smithmicro.com/poserupdates.html).
SR1 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category
• Poser now launches on Windows 8. This OS version remains unsupported. Please update to Windows 8.1.
• Library and Log palette toggle icons are now easier to click.
• Enabled Facebook upload for rendered images (Windows only).
• Fixed case where closing document while viewing it with a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Fixed case where deleting a non-default camera would cause instability.
• Added a dependency between Center of Mass actor and figure. Center of Mass prop can no longer be deleted, preventing instability.
• Now automatically enabling Body actor when loading figure with skinning method set to Poser Unimesh.
• Updated Wardrobe Wizard.
• Item List panel: Enabled Drag and Drop.
• Item List panel: Sped up library item loading from highly populated folders.
• Now properly omitting folder thumbnail display when no thumbnail is available (Internet Explorer 9 only).
• Better messaging for empty search results when indexing.
• Added support for conforming hair with CR2/CRZ file extensions in Hair category.
• Now preserving divider position between Tree and Item List view panels more reliably.
• Refresh item icon now rotates while refresh is in progress.
• Improved Add to Favorites dialog layout.
• Fixed a problem with scene preview showing incorrectly after a Copy and Paste in Advanced view.
• Copy and Paste now honors the selected render engine when pasting selections including root nodes.
• Fixed problems where the FireFly root or SuperFly root was not 0th in the Node list.
• Compound nodes: Improved internal wiring robustness.
• Enabled use of more than one Cycles ImageTexture node at one time.
• Fixed excessive transparency when layered materials are used.
• Saving and loading a turned off light now preserves Cast Shadow flag.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of dark highlights on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface in branched path tracing.
• SuperFly: Now verifying that light shaders are up to date when rendering.
• SuperFly: Now interpreting material node vector inputs as linear.
• SuperFly: Improved handling of transparency in path tracing on PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface.
• Enabled magnet zone weight painting on Poser Unimesh skinned figures.
• Fixed case where deleting a Full Body Morph while Dependency Editor was enabled would cause instability.
• OBJ Export: Corrected "As Morph Target" export path. Now properly using the untransformed vertices combined with active morph and magnet deforms to allow for eventual re-import as morph target in local space.
• GoZ: Fixed case where "." in the object name would cause instability (Poser Pro only).
• Fixed case where loading an MP3 misrepresenting its sample count would cause instability (OS X only).
• (Poser Pro only) Temporarily disabled the "Apply before joint rotation" option that appears upon returning a posed figure from ZBrush via a GoZ transfer.
TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Poser, Poser Pro, the Poser logo, and the Smith Micro Logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Poser copyright © 1991-2015 All Rights Reserved. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.